SEO has become a catchphrase in the world of Digital Marketing over the last decade or so. But, many experts are still confused about how to do it. When correctly put into practice, SEO marketing can drive your site’s traffic and make your brand more recognizable. SEO is also capable to push you up and improve your Google Search Ranking.
Therefore, you’ll need to understand how to attract more people and increase your search engine ranking. These are the top 10 SEO factors to increase your Google Search Engine Ranking:
Top 10 Factors to Increase Your Google Search Ranking
If your organization doesn’t have a robust digital presence, it’ll quickly be swept away by the massive storm of competition. You have to optimize your content to ensure it appears on the first Search Engine Result Page (SERP). Here is how to increase your Google SEO ranking:
It is the most critical ranking factor. Be it a newly established startup or an old business, leveraging backlinks is a definite way to increase online visibility and gain brand recognition.
A backlink is an external link that redirects readers of a third-party website to your content. The two most important factors to gain search engine ranking are relevance and authority.
Links from relevant websites and pages hold the most value. Irrelevant links will decrease your domain authority. Ensure that the links you receive are from a higher domain authority so that your search engine ranking improves.
This factor only affects “A small percentage of queries” and is mostly a problem for pages that “Deliver the slowest experience to users.” No one has time to wait for your site to load. Users will probably switch, affecting your overall ranking. It’s essential to ensure that your site is fast enough not to impact users negatively.
According to a Google report of 2018, mobile pages should display their content to users in under three seconds. The TTFB (Time to First Byte) should also be under 1.3 seconds. The overall size of a mobile web page should not be more than 500kb. All these factors will ensure a better Google SEO Ranking.
Google’s ranking algorithm is brainy. It ranks pages based on search intent. It doesn’t rate the same type of content for every query. For instance, if you’re looking to purchase clothes online, the algorithm will detect that you’re in “Buying mode,” and you’ll view a streamlined set of relevant pages.
Alternatively, if someone were interested in learning how to speak French, the algorithm would quickly pick up on that and offer web users results in “Learning mode.” Each result will include the phrases “How-to,” “Ways,” or “Methods” to help readers learn, as opposed to buying. As a marketer, you need to perceive this distinction and create content accordingly.
An Accessible Website
Your website’s design, structure, and functionality play a significant role in helping Google’s algorithm rank your webpage(s). Incorporate the following tips into your web development approach to boost your Google Search Ranking:
- Go for responsive, visually compelling, and user-friendly web design that enhances user experience and pulls in quality traffic.
- Always use an SEO-friendly URL and separate terms using hyphens.
- Ensure logical and smooth navigation to ensure web users can find what they’re looking for.
- Create a sitemap.
Expert – Keyword Research and Use
Keywords make your content stand out instead of merely floating across SERPs on the web. There are four types of keywords:
- Short-Tail Keywords: Specific keywords comprising 2–3 words
- Long-Tail Keywords: Long keywords containing over three words that are usually a combination of short-tail keywords.
- Geo-Targeting Keywords: Keywords that target a particular location.
- LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) Keywords: Keywords that are similar or related to a web page’s target keyword.
Incorporate keyword-rich text within your content’s first 100 words to increase your chances of appearing on the first SERP. Besides, be careful about keyword density to avoid overusing the keywords and eventually getting penalized by Google. Another vital factor is the Keyword density. It is the percentage of keywords used as a factor of the total words appearing on the page. Lastly, pay close attention to keyword proximity. It refers to the distance between each keyword.
Content is the King of digital marketing. It will be ideal if you write content that consistently stands out. Throwing unrelated phrases or keywords to increase traffic will leave you with content that fails to achieve its purpose. Instead, remain focused on what your audience wants.
We suggest using Google Trends for staying acquainted with the latest and trending news updates, events, and happenings. Create proper content strategies around these trends to give your audience exactly what they’re actively searching for.
70% of all internet traffic comes from smartphone users. Researchers say that 46% of web users state that they wouldn’t buy from a brand again if they had an unpleasant mobile experience. Over 80% of users are more likely to buy from brands with a responsive and interactive mobile app or website. In a nutshell, ensuring mobile-friendliness is non-negotiable in 2020 or the future.
In 2016, Google announced mobile-first indexing. It meant that a website’s compatibility with mobile would directly impact its rankings. Ensure proper website optimization to prevent customer loss.
Well Optimization for On-page SEO
- A Bespoke Page Title: Google pays special attention to your page title and URL. A page title appears in your browser tab as well as on Google’s results pages. The search engine uses page titles to understand what information the article contains, so this is where your primary keywords need to be.
- An Optimized URL: URLs should use natural language and replicate your page title as best they can.
- H tags: Apart from adding styling, H tags provide a sense of hierarchy within an article, helping readers better navigate and search engines further understand the page. An H1 title should be attributed only to the headline of a piece. H2 tag supports the H1 tag how an introduction supports a headline. H3 tags are perfect for optimized subheadings.
- Optimizing Images: It is just as important as optimizing text. A well-thought image title, alt text, and caption are where you should be focusing your efforts on. Your image should load quickly, as well.
- An Engaging Meta Description: Enticing a user to click through to your content from Google’s results pages is one of SEO’s most essential parts. Use an active voice and call to action. Don’t just summarise your page, but think about what would encourage a user to click through.
Domain Authority and Seniority
Domain authority is the score that predicts how prone your website is to rank higher in SERPs. Ensuring you receive backlinks from a third-party with higher domain authority than you is fundamental. However, it’s equally necessary to make sure that your website also has a high domain authority. Google will identify your website as an authoritative voice in your respective industry, thereby offering you a much-needed boost in rankings.
While you can improve your domain authority by following some essential SEO tips, there’s nothing much in your hands when it comes to domain seniority except to wait and continue to produce compelling content.
Not everyone who clicks on your site will stay. Your goal is to keep visitors on your site as long as possible and prevent them from bouncing. Apart from engaging content, you can also employ things like surveys, videos, and more. The longer viewers stay, the higher your SEO ranking will be. That’s why it’s essential to focus on the user experience. To do this, you’ll have to be innovative and add newer aspects to the site now and then.
In essence, it’s not challenging to implement SEO aspects in your marketing strategy, whether it’s your website or social media content. It would be wise to hire an agency to do all this for you.
How can UNV Digital help?
UNV Digital is a leading brand which is famous for providing digital marketing services to companies worldwide. We have prepared a quality team of expert professionals who can help you strategize and uplift your online business.
Our company is potent enough to guide you in formulating the best keyword planning and social media marketing strategies. We have been working with various national and international clients for almost a decade now. Our complete range of digital marketing services includes SEO, SEM, SMM, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, etc.
Be the first to receive the Latest News and updates about the Digital Marketing Industry. Join our WhatsApp Group and be a part of the most happening Digital Marketing Community today!